Do you need to make a few strong PR connections? Want to hang out with other young PR professionals from Chicago? Have on-the-job questions and challenges that you want to bounce off your peers?
The PRSA Chicago Young Professionals Network (YPN) committee serves as the bridge between pre-career (i.e., PRSSA, students) and established PR professionals (i.e., 5+ years of industry experience), with tailored career-development and networking programs for a young PR professional audience. Signature programs include the Career Contributions program, Mentorship program and varied events (e.g., socials, panels, workshops).
Events: Socials, Panels and Workshops
YPN hosts regular networking socials and professional-development (i.e., panels, workshops) throughout the year. Topics range from real-time marketing; to the secrets behind successful media relations; to agency PR vs. Corporate PR. This year’s select past events include:
2016 Events: Socials, Panels and Workshops
- Nov. 7: YPN Workshop: ‘Landing Your Dream Job or Internship’
- Oct. 11: YPN Workshop: ‘Leveraging Personal Passions in the Workplace’
- Sept. 13: September YPN Workshop: ‘End of Summer Social’
- Aug. 9: YPN Workshop: ‘Senior Leader Discussion’
- June 14: YPN Social, ‘Welcome to Chicago!’
- May 10: YPN Workshop: ‘The Creative Process’
- April 12: YPN Workshop: ‘A Young Professional’s Guide to Crisis Communications’
- March 2016: YPN Workshop: ‘How-To Sell’
- February 2016: YPN Event: ‘3rd Annual Speed-Networking’
- January 2016: YPN Workshop: ‘New Year, New Career. What Recruiters Look for in the Right Candidate’
Interested in more about YPN? You may find for a listing of previous year’s YPN events here.
Career Contributions Program
The YPN/PRSSA Career Contributions program aims to contribute to the career growth of Chicago-area PRSA, YPN and PRSSA members by providing opportunities to apply and receive complimentary admission to upcoming PRSA and YPN Chicago events, socials and workshops.
Get involved, grow connections, and share your wisdom. A small commitment (2-3 hours per month for six months) can go a long way! The program is a great way to get more involved and give back to the PR community. Form a relationship and help today’s young professionals create and work to achieve their career goals. Become a mentor today! Or, if you’re interested in pairing with a mentor (as a mentee), let us know.
Click here for details on how to get involved in our mentorship program.
For More Information
Follow us via social media for the latest YPN news and events: